Dihydroquercetin DHQ Main Benefits and Applications
Dihydroquercetin (DHQ) is a flavonoid compound known for its antioxidant effects. DHQ is widely used as a food additive and can be found in health supplements, including silymarin.
Flavonoids are important compounds found in many plants, including edible fruits and vegetables. Flavonoids have attracted significant interests in the scientific arena because of their versatility of uses and health-promoting effects. They have the ability to chelate transition metal ions, to scavenge free radicals and to interact with enzymes proved to be an effective antioxidant.
DHQ has received increasing attention as a potential therapy for a variety of diseases, including cardiovascular disease, viral hepatitis, dyslipidemia, and neurodegenerative diseases. DHQ has multiple pharmacological effects including antioxidant and advanced glycation end products, inhibitory mitochondrial protective properties, anti-inflammatory, antiproliferative, antiradiation, antitumor, antiviral pharmacological activities and antiallergic effects.
Dihydroquercetin (DHQ) powder from ANSBotanics is often used as a food additive in food processing because of its multiple effects as a natural source of herbal extracts.
- Antioxidant Properties: Dihydroquercetin (DHQ) is a potent natural antioxidant that neutralizes and scavenges free radicals, reducing the likelihood of oxidative reactions in food. Oxidation can lead to browning, hardening of texture, deterioration of taste and loss of nutrients. By adding the right amount of Taxifolin, it can effectively delay the oxidation reaction of food, maintain the color, flavor and taste of food, while reducing the loss of nutrients.
- Antibacterial: Dihydroquercetin Has A Variety Of Physiological Functions. Effect: DHQ has certain antibacterial activity, which can fight the growth of some common food pathogens and spoilage bacteria and prolong the shelf life of food. MicrobialDihydroquercetin Has A Variety Of Physiological Functions. contamination is one of the main causes of food spoilage and food-borne diseases. By adding DHQ, it can inhibit the multiplication of microorganisms and reduce the risk of food contamination by microorganisms such as bacteria, fungi and molds.
- Protecting Nutrients: Food often loses some of its nutrients, such as vitamins and minerals, during processing. DHQ as a food additive can reduce the loss and degradation of nutrients and protect the nutritional value of food. It can react with oxidizing agents to hinder the oxidation of nutrients, thus reducing the loss of nutrients.
- Improving Stability: During food processing and storage, it is often affected by factors such as oxidation, light and temperature, resulting in the deterioration of food quality. DHQ can improve the stability of food, delay the oxidation reaction, reduce pigment changes, taste deterioration and loss of flavor. It can also enhance emulsification, anti-crystallization and stability of food by interacting with other food components.
- Improving Quality And Taste: DHQ is able to interact with a variety of components in food to improve stability and texture. It can increase the viscosity, improve emulsificaAntibacterial Effect: It has a strong antibacterial effect on Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli, Shigella, and Salmonella typhi.
Dihydroquercetin Main Functions:
Antioxidant Effect: Antioxidant protection of capillaries, 3-5 times stronger than quercetin, anti-lipid peroxidation, protection of liver, nerve cells, red blood cells, anti-myocardial necrosis and more.
Effects On Enzyme Activity: Dihydroquercetin may inhibit cholesterol esterification and the synthesis of triacylglycerols and phospholipids in liver cancer cells. Dihydroquercetin can inhibit the activity of viral enzymes and can induce an increase in intracellular enzyme activity, but does not alter the distribution. Inhibits aldehyde reductase. Has a weak inhibitory effect on protein kinases.
Effects On Cells: It can effectively inhibit leukemic cells and lymphocytes of malignant lesions. It is active against P388 mouse leukemia, and the life extension rates of 150 and 100 mg/kg are 40% and 37%, respectively. Has a slightly reducing effect on cytochrome c.
Medical Field: In the pharmaceutical field, DHQ has anti-oxidation and anti-peroxidation abilities, so it can be used to treat oxidative damage caused by free radicals. It can also be used as an anti-radiation drug for patients receiving radiation therapy or engaged in radiation therapy. For radioactive personnel, DHQ can also be used as an intermediate in the synthesis of other drug molecules, such as the synthesis of a series of compounds silymarins, and the drug cyanidin for the treatment of cardiovascular diseases.
Industrial Application: In the industrial field, DHQ has been added to some cosmetics as the main functional ingredient, and it can also be added to rocket fuel, various hydrocarbon fuels, generator oil, and industrial grease as an oxidation stabilizer.
If you want to purchase high-quality Dihydroquercetin (DHQ) powder, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.